[News release from the Los Angeles Police Department.]
For the week of Oct. 16 to 22, there have been eight thefts, three burglaries from motor vehicles and one grand theft autos along the Tampa Avenue corridor between Plummer Street and Roscoe Boulevard.
The Northridge Fashion Center has had thefts of property (ie: IPad) taken from a victim's bag as she used the restroom during mid-afternoon hours.
24 Hour Fitness experienced two burglaries from motor vehicles when the suspect(s) went into the gym lockers, cut victim's lock, and took their keys to burglarize their vehicle in the gym parking lot during late morning to evening hours.
Near Penfield Avenue and Roscoe Boulevard a '93 Honda Accord was stolen during late evening and early morning hours.
- Lock and secure your vehicles, and always set your alarm or use an anti-theft device;
- Park near well-lit areas, and remember where you parked;
- Never leave any valuables in plain sight, such as cell phones, GPS devices, laptops, backpacks, purses or shopping bags. If you must leave items in the car, lock them in the trunk;
- Do not leave your cell phone, wallet, credit cards or cash on counter tops while shopping or visible in your purse/bag;
- Remember to cover your PIN number while using your debit/credit cards;
- Do not carry large amounts of cash during the shopping season; and
- If you observe suspicious/criminal activity, contact the police immediately by calling 9-1-1 (Emergency).
By taking a few precautionary steps, you can enjoy a safe and wonderful holiday!