Chimney Problem Sparks Apartment Fire Near CSUN

Blaze is extinguished in 14 minutes, according to the LAFD.

A fire started in a wall of Northridge apartment building because of a faulty chimney Monday, leaving one unit uninhabitable.

The fire in a three-story building at 18550 Prairie St. near Cal State Northridge was reported at 2:47 p.m. and put out in 14 minutes, Brian Humphrey of the Los Angeles Fire Department said.

A fire was burning in the hearth for heat, and a problem with the chimney was believed to have led to the fire, he said.

No injuries were reported.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »