L.A. residents, want to find the boarding houses operating in your neighborhood?
Boarding houses in Los Angeles are not licensed and there is no official record of where they exist or how many there are, but one type of boarding house is easy to find. The Sober Living Industry has a strong business model for renting houses in low-density zones and then subleasing the rooms to make a profit and they advertise their businesses online.
To find out where the Sober Living Industry is operating in your neighborhood please visit soberhousing.net. In many instances you can also see how much they charge for each room. It's easy to see why this is a rapidly expanding industry. Then, please sign our petition, pass it on and write and call your councilmember to let them know you want them to support the city's Proposed Ordinance Regulating Boarding Houses.
- District 1 - Councilmember Ed Reyes, 213-473 7001, Ed.Reyes@lacity.org
- District 2 – Councilmember Paul Krekorian, 213-473-7002, Paul.Krekorian@lacity.org
- District 3 – Councilmember Dennis P. Zine, 818-756-8848, Dennis.Zine@lacity.org
- District 4 – Councilmember Tom LaBonge, 213-485-3337, Tom.LaBonge@lacity.org
- District 5 – Councilmember Paul Koretz, 213-473 7005, Paul.Koretz@lacity.org
- District 6 – Councilmember Tony Cadenas, 213-473 7006, Tony.Cadenas@lacity.org
- District 7 – Councilmember Richard Alarcon, 213-847-7777, Richard.Alarcon@lacity.org
- District 8 – Councilmember Bernard Parks, 213-473-7008, Bernard.Parks@lacity.org
- District 9 – Councilmember Jan Perry, 213-473-7009, Jan.Perry@lacity.org
- District 10 – Councilmember Herb J. Wesson, 213-473-7010, Herb.Wesson@lacity.org
- District 11 – Councilmember Bill Rosendahl, 213-473-7011, Bil.Rosendahl@lacity.org
- District 12 – Councilmember Greig Smith, 213-473-7012, Greg.Smith@lacity.org
- District 13 – Councilmember Eric Garcetti, 213-473-7013, Eric.Garcetti@lacity.org
- District 14 – Councilmember Jose Huizar, 213-473-7013, Jose.Huizar@lacity.org
- District 15 – Councilmember Janice Hahn, 213-473-7015, Janice.Hahn@lacity.org
Please also email a copy of your letter to us at LANeighborhoods@gmail.com Thanks for helping to strengthen our zoning laws in order to protect the City's low density zones.
President, L.A. Coalition for Neighborhoods
LACoalition4Neighborhoods.org, 310-710-3220 mobile