Have you been in touch with friends or family threated by Sandy the Frankenstorm sweeping the East Coast?
Those of us in the San Fernando Valley understand how to get ready for earthquakes and wildfires, but are folks ready for a hurricane disaster along the Atlantic?
How have your friends and family prepared? Are they evacuating? Are they going to ride out the storm? What have they told you?
Share your conversations with them here on Patch. Read some Studio City reports here.
And if you want to track first-hand news of the storm, there are hundreds of Patch towns from Florida to New England. Check out their reports here. And click on the video to see the Encino-Tarzana Patch editor trying to walk along a Manhattan street in the storm.
Here are just a few recent Patch storm headlines:
- Hurricane Sandy: Long Island Live Blog
- Photo Gallery: Storm Hits Monday in Ocean City
- Live Discussion Board in Ocean City
- Check out Yorktown-Somers Patch's full coverage of Hurricane Sandy
- Stormy Social media tips and reminders
- Volunteer Firefighters Urge Residents To Heed Town's Mandatory Evacuation
- Calling Hurricane Sandy “the largest threat to human life that our state has experienced in anyone’s lifetime”
- Hurricane Sandy is 470 miles south-southeast of New York City as of 11 p.m.
- New Canaan residents should prepare to be without power for 10-14 days
- Fire Island Under Mandatory Evacuation Order as Sandy Nears