- Parents can learn reading techniques for preschoolers today and to give their little ones the skills they need to become readers, 11 a.m. at the library's Read to Me program. Parents and children who attend will receive free books, booklists and tips. Free. Visit http://www.lapl.org or call 818-226-0017 for more information.
- Mothers have an opportunity to socialize with each other at Chabad of Northridge's Mommy and Me class. The program features songs, stories, and movement. For children ages newborn - 3. 11 a.m. – noon. See http://www.chabadnorthridge.com/ or call 818-368-3937 for more info.
- A free weekly cancer group is held Wednesdays for people with any type of cancer who are newly diagnosed, in treatment, or up to 18 months post-treatment. The group offers a safe place to share thoughts, feelings and concerns with other cancer survivors, and to exchange information about coping. 10 a.m. – 11:30. Advance registration required. More information can be found at http://www.twcvv.org or by calling 805-379-4777.
- Learn to work with a needle today with the Knitting Group For Cancer Patients and Family Members. The group is held weekly on Wednesdays from 10:30 a.m. – noon. Find more information at http://www.twcvv.org or by calling 818-700-6900.
- Learn to take an active role in your cancer healing process using imagery and relaxation techniques. Benefits may include reduced anxiety, enhanced immune system, more effective management of surgery and treatment side effects. Open to cancer patients, survivors and their families. Held the first three Wednesdays of every month. Led by Paula Getty-Shearer, Certified Hypnotherapist. Noon. Visit http://www.twcvv.org or call 805-379-4777.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something